RE: Family Crest

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2007
      Hi Heather,

      The Central Branch of Calgary Public LIbrary has peerages (Burke's and DeBrett's) and armorials (Rietstap) as well as books on the clans of Scotland, which sometimes include crests.  She would be able to take photocopies.  It takes a little work to figure out if the crest does indeed belong to your particular family, but if she'd like to come see us, we could show her how to use some of these resources.

      She might also want to contact the Royal Heraldry Society of Canada.  This particular section of their website includes links to outside resources  including a section on heraldic artists and links to the various Heraldic authorities.

      Hope this helps.

      Christine Hayes
      Central Library