At Last Photo Paper for Lasers

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2007
      Hi all,

      For years I have been trying to find photo paper for laser printers with no success. Today I went to Staples and there on the shelf was Staples brand colour laser photo paper, glossy finish. I did not look to see if they have matte.

      Working with a client we printed her photos first on the HP Inkjet using a photograph cartridge and Inkjet Premium quality paper. The images were very sharp. A noticeable difference was seen using the special cartridge over the regular cartridge but after 3 full colour photos were printed, it displayed a cartridge problem. We printed the photos on regular paper on the laser printer just to take them for sizing of mats. The framing counter assistant thought they were printed on photo paper.

      We bought the colour laser photo paper, glossy finish back with us and printed from the printer onto this photo paper. It was just as good or very close to the special cartridge on inkjet printer with photo paper. The cost, however, was less. Also the sound was lower and speed was slightly faster printing from the laser printer using laser photo paper.

      So if you are printing photos and have a laser printer, you can now print photos onto photo paper.

      Professional research & writing:
      http://www.knowmap.com/age/
      Scrapbooking & preservation techniques
      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564