AFHS: EMIGRATION FROM BRITAIN (ENG SIG)

  • ANN WILLIAMS
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2007

      Emigration is the topic for the next English/Welsh SIG meeting (Tue, May 15th @ 7 p.m. at the AFHS library).  British emigration records are becoming available on the internet and we will talk about these records and ways to follow immigrants after their arrival inAustralia , New Zealand , the U.S. and Canada .  We will also talk about British emigration assistance schemes, letters written back home and, of course, we’ll tell emigration stories, our own or ancestors’.  Everyone – and every question – welcome (on topic or not).  Ann Williams (SIG Co-ordinator)