Problem with Zone Alarm

  • Donna Snyder
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 6:33 PM
      Hi - is anyone else having a problem with the latest Zone Alarm update? It
      has a window come up with a Junk Mail Filter and Anti Spam filter, and I
      notice it's made folders for these. As soon as my e-mail starts to download
      I get a message Outlook has encountered a problem and has to close. The
      e-mail slowly get downloaded but I can't get to it to read it. I finally
      uninstalled it and reloaded an earlier update and now don't get that
      problem, but my firewall is outdated.
      Donna Snyder

      1:15 PM
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 6:46 PM
        Donna Snyder wrote:
        > Hi - is anyone else having a problem with the latest Zone Alarm update? It
        > has a window come up with a Junk Mail Filter and Anti Spam filter, and I
        > notice it's made folders for these. As soon as my e-mail starts to download
        > I get a message Outlook has encountered a problem and has to close. The
        > e-mail slowly get downloaded but I can't get to it to read it. I finally
        > uninstalled it and reloaded an earlier update and now don't get that
        > problem, but my firewall is outdated.
        > Donna Snyder
        >
        > --
        > 1:15 PM

        > Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
        > with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com

        Hi there:

        I just downloaded version 7.0 and it's working wonderfully.

        --
        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert
        www.hulbert.ca
      • H. Phil Duby
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 7:48 PM
          Donna,

          I am not currently using Zone Alarm.

          From the headers on your email, you are a Shaw customer. Any of the Shaw
          internet products include a free subscription / key for "Shaw Secure". Shaw
          Secure is a complete bundle of Internet protection products: Firewall,
          Anti-virus, Spyware proection, Pop-up blocker, all with automatic updates.
          The (also free) "extended" version includes parental controls and spam
          protection.

          To get it, go to the shaw home page at http://www.shaw.ca/ Click on
          "Internet Support" under "Customer Care". On that page select "Shaw Secure"
          from the Internet extras technical support list. That page should have
          everything you need to get going.

          The headers for your email do not show enough about your computer to tell if
          it meets the minimum requires to run Shaw Secure, so make sure to check out
          that information on the above page.

          --
          Phil
          > Hi - is anyone else having a problem with the latest Zone Alarm update? It
          > has a window come up with a Junk Mail Filter and Anti Spam filter, and I
          > notice it's made folders for these. As soon as my e-mail starts to
          download
          > I get a message Outlook has encountered a problem and has to close. The
          > e-mail slowly get downloaded but I can't get to it to read it. I finally
          > uninstalled it and reloaded an earlier update and now don't get that
          > problem, but my firewall is outdated.
          > Donna Snyder
          >
          > --
          30/03/2007