Ukrainian SIG - A new (2007) Book on Ukrainian Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2007
      Hi all,

      For anyone interested in Ukrainian genealogy, there is a new book out. Author John D. Pihach, Chairperson of the East European Genealogical Society in Winnipeg, Book Title: Ukrainian Genealogy: A Beginner's Guide. It has 272 pages.

      The book is selling for $54.95 (cloth) and $34.95 (paper), usually with shipping & handling/GST added. I have a source where you can purchase the paperback book for $30 plus $5.00 shipping & handling with no GST added. The source is http://ukrainiangenealogist.tripod.com/ (I am not fond of tripod because of the pop-ups but some pages are worth the inconvenience). I personally do not gain anything by notifying you of this book or source, other than the satisfaction that you are receiving the best value. I have not ordered my copy yet, but the reviews are very positive.

      I have blindcopied all those who ever asked to join the Ukrainian SIG (44 people) or who emailed me about interest in Ukrainian information, because some are not members of Alberta Family Histories Society. I hope you will join and also join the SIG. It doesn't matter where you are and the benefits of belonging to AFHS is you will receive Chinook, our quarterly publication. In this journal, there is a SIG corner where often Ukrainian SIG information will be covered, which you would not otherwise receive. As well, you can place two free queries per member per publication year. So it is well worth the price. Ask me for details and I will send you the form.

      Currently this group is open to everyone to read without signing up with yahoo.

      For those on the Ukrainian SIG list that I am blindcopying, please let me know if you wish your name removed. If you are reading this and did not receive a version that had UkrainianSIG beside your name, email me and I will add you. Please do not email dist-gen. Email me at age@...

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)

      Editor, Chinook

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, French, M├ętis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564