re: Access to your e-mails

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2007
      Message

      Hi Charlie and all:

      I followed the links and read these articles. They were very interesting and thought provoking. Managing my computer files and the various internet favourites that include logins and passwords (many websites require registration, not just to sell stuff) takes a lot of my time. If the "bus" hit me, I can imagine that someone would have quite a time getting my on-going e-mail (in my webmail box at Shaw) and cancelling the various e-mail lists that I'm on, and cancelling web site connections. And that's not even counting the computer work needed to preserve my genealogy files!

      This is a HUGE topic - which includes what to do with my genealogy that's on the computer in various forms (in Legacy, Word documents, PDFs, and images). Where does this info go to? Should I designate someone to go through it, print it, put in on DVDs? Anyways, you see the big questions here.

      I think that this would be a great topic to expand to an article in the Chinook, a speaker (panel?) at an AFHS meeting, a "blog", a speaker (panel?) for a special Saturday or Sunday meeting, a topic at the next FamilyRoots Conference, ongoing e-mail subject on dist-gen, or all-of-the-above.

      Since I sometimes lose e-mail links, I created a Word document from the information at the links that Charlie sent us. If you would like me to send you a copy, just e-mail me at lornalaughton@... off list.

      Lorna