Edmonton Voters' Lists

  • Larry Gilchrist
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26 10:15 PM

      Does anyone know if it is possible to view the Voters' Lists for the City of Edmonton from back in the 70's? Would these be with the Edmonton City Clerk, or at the Alberta Archives?

      Larry
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26 11:17 PM

        The Information Services Division, Edmonton Public Library (downtown branch), has the following Edmonton voters' lists: 1913-1916, 1919-1922, 1941-1947, 1949-1964-1992.

        The City of Edmonton. City Clerk's Department has the following: RG 8.11 Elections Office (1895-1974) The series consists of voter's lists, census documents, photographs, and other materials created by the Elections Office of the City of Edmonton.
        The National Archives of Canada also has copies of many of the voters lists from across Canada. The help section says to search for voter's lists or voters' list.

        I don't know if Alberta Archives has any. I used the ones at the Edmonton Public Library (downtown) and did not find any at Alberta Archives when I was last there.

        P.S. For Calgary see the Local History Room of Calgary Public Library and also City of Calgary Archives.

        This is a source seldom talked about in the seminars, etc. but I have found it very useful.

        Professional research & writing

        Scrapbooking & preservation techniques
        Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564