New data base of Ancestry

  • Carol Lylyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2007
      If you go into Ancestry and click on Recent, the latest appears to be British Army WW1 Pension Records - A and B. You get a lot of information and hopefully they will be adding other letters of the alphabet soon.  This is what someone said they found -

      <<I've just been lucky enough to find 15 wonderfully detailed pages on my
      gr-uncle Walter BRIGGS, of Leeds.

      <<Date & place of birth / distinguishing marks / height / eye colour etc.

      <<As he was unmarried when he entered the Army in 1903, it gives the full
      details of his 1909 Marriage, including the names of witnesses.

      <<Full details of the reason for the Discharge and monies paid.

      <<His son's name and date of birth is also there... he received the grand sum
      <<of 2/6 shillings a week for him.

      Carol Lylyk