Marmie Longair

  • Marlene Knott
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2007
      I'd like to express my sadness in seeing the obituary of Marmie Longair
      in today's Herald. Although she hasn't been able to attend our
      activities lately, Marmie was a cheerful, active member of AFHS for
      many years and was always willing to offer suggestions or assistance to
      any of our members.
      Marlene Knott
    • Rene Dussome
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2007
        Hear, hear, Marlene. Marmie was also a faithful and helpful
        research assistant at the 17th Avenue Family History Centre.
        Like me, Marmie and Blair worked on the Thursday afternoon
        shift.

        Rene Dussome

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2007
          Hi Marlene,

          I too am sad to hear this. I had not looked at all of today's paper so I did
          not know this yet. I remember Marmie as a very nice helpful person.

          I would like to publish the obituary in Chinook but in addition it would be
          good if others who knew her, and knew her better than I did, sent me some
          memories of Marmie and some photos. Perhaps if someone knows her next of
          kin, they might be willing to help us celebrate her life and memories.

          Xenia Stanford (president@...)
          Editor, Chinook
          SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, French, Métis
          Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564
          Alberta Family Histories Society
          http://www.afhs.ab.ca/

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 21, 2007
            Marie was indeed a special person and very involved in Chinook at one time,
            writing a regular "Ancestor Angst" column where she would respond to
            readers' questions.
            She was always cheerful and helpful.

            > I too am sad to hear this. I had not looked at all of today's paper so I
            > did
            > not know this yet. I remember Marmie as a very nice helpful person.
            >
            > I would like to publish the obituary in Chinook but in addition it would
            > be
            > good if others who knew her, and knew her better than I did, sent me some
            > memories of Marmie and some photos. Perhaps if someone knows her next of
            > kin, they might be willing to help us celebrate her life and memories.
            >
            > Xenia Stanford (president@...)
            > Editor, Chinook
            > SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, French, Métis
            > Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564
            > Alberta Family Histories Society
            > http://www.afhs.ab.ca/

          • Pat Senger
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 26, 2007
              Thanks for letting us all know about Marmie's passing.  As Secretary, should I send a card to her family?  I have her address from a previous membership list.

              Pat Senger
              AFHS Secretary