(Fwd) Re: Burning Software

  • Charlie Hansen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2007
      Hello Donna,

      On 14 Jan 2007 you wrote:

      > I am soooo fed up with this Nero Express that will not work for me. At the
      > Computer Sig on Sat. AShampoo was mentioned so I did some Googling and came
      > up with this: AShampoo BurnYa. Is that the one? Does anyone else use this?
      > Nero was loaded on the computer when I bought it.
      > Or can anyone tell me why Nero Express keeps telling me (a) there is no disc
      > inserted - when there is, or (b)the disc is wrong - should be an RW, when I
      > somehow previously burned to it, an R, before. I don't have any RW anymore
      > because it was telling me the opposite before. It wouldn't burn to RW. Grrr!

      What version of Nero Express are you using, Donna? There are lots of reports of
      problems with version 7. See the following URL for PriceGrabber.com which includes
      lots of reviews, about 50/50 pro and con for v 7, but with good reports forv 6.6.

      http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=12988521/id_type=masterid/start=15

      I use version 6.6 and have had no problems burning various types of CDs and DVDs
      with a with a Benq DW1650 burner. It is a lot easier to use if you use the Nero
      StartSmart user interface instead of starting Nero Express directly. (Find and click
      NeroStartSmart.exe , probably in Program Files > Ahead > Nero StartSmart)

      Regards,
      Charlie