Re: Burning Software

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2007
      Donna Snyder wrote:
      > I am soooo fed up with this Nero Express that will not work for me. At the
      > Computer Sig on Sat. AShampoo was mentioned so I did some Googling and came
      > up with this: AShampoo BurnYa. Is that the one? Does anyone else use this?
      > Nero was loaded on the computer when I bought it.
      > Or can anyone tell me why Nero Express keeps telling me (a) there is no disc
      > inserted - when there is, or (b)the disc is wrong - should be an RW, when I
      > somehow previously burned to it, an R, before. I don't have any RW anymore
      > because it was telling me the opposite before. It wouldn't burn to RW. Grrr!
      > Donna Snyder
      >
      > --
      > 8:29 PM
      >

      > Hi there:

      Among other product, I use freeware 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3'. It will burn
      files, and convert MP3 files to audio (CDA) files. I looked at the
      AShampoo website, and they certainly could have a program that would
      work. I too am fed up with Nero.

      --
      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      www.hulbert.ca
    • Lorna Laughton
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2007
        Hi Donna:

        I had problems with Nero Express too. Then I discovered that on the first
        screen in the top right-hand corner, was a question "Which recorder would
        you like to use?" There is a drop-down menu showing various choices. As soon
        as I checked the correct one (and the correct drive letter E or F or
        whatever), I had fewer problems. I was trying to write to a DVD but Nero
        Express had the CD option in this box. So of course it couldn't find a CD in
        the drive (because it was a DVD). This might help you, or you may have
        different problem.

        Lorna

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2007
          Interesting that there are complaints.  I've been using Nero for a couple of years now and love it.

          Am including a screenshot of the version (6.6) I use - and it's TRES easy.  (I clicked on the DATA choice from the top row of six icons - to show what options it has.)

          In Kinship,
          Judith Rempel
          Library & Archives Coordinator
          queries@... & rempel@...