Burning Software

  • Donna Snyder
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2007
      I am soooo fed up with this Nero Express that will not work for me. At the
      Computer Sig on Sat. AShampoo was mentioned so I did some Googling and came
      up with this: AShampoo BurnYa. Is that the one? Does anyone else use this?
      Nero was loaded on the computer when I bought it.
      Or can anyone tell me why Nero Express keeps telling me (a) there is no disc
      inserted - when there is, or (b)the disc is wrong - should be an RW, when I
      somehow previously burned to it, an R, before. I don't have any RW anymore
      because it was telling me the opposite before. It wouldn't burn to RW. Grrr!
      Donna Snyder

      8:29 PM
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2007
        Donna Snyder wrote:
        > I am soooo fed up with this Nero Express that will not work for me. At the
        > Computer Sig on Sat. AShampoo was mentioned so I did some Googling and came
        > up with this: AShampoo BurnYa. Is that the one? Does anyone else use this?
        > Nero was loaded on the computer when I bought it.
        > Or can anyone tell me why Nero Express keeps telling me (a) there is no disc
        > inserted - when there is, or (b)the disc is wrong - should be an RW, when I
        > somehow previously burned to it, an R, before. I don't have any RW anymore
        > because it was telling me the opposite before. It wouldn't burn to RW. Grrr!
        > Donna Snyder
        >
        > --
        > 8:29 PM
        >

        > Hi there:

        Among other product, I use freeware 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3'. It will burn
        files, and convert MP3 files to audio (CDA) files. I looked at the
        AShampoo website, and they certainly could have a program that would
        work. I too am fed up with Nero.

        --
        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert
        www.hulbert.ca
      • Lorna Laughton
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2007
          Hi Donna:

          I had problems with Nero Express too. Then I discovered that on the first
          screen in the top right-hand corner, was a question "Which recorder would
          you like to use?" There is a drop-down menu showing various choices. As soon
          as I checked the correct one (and the correct drive letter E or F or
          whatever), I had fewer problems. I was trying to write to a DVD but Nero
          Express had the CD option in this box. So of course it couldn't find a CD in
          the drive (because it was a DVD). This might help you, or you may have
          different problem.

          Lorna

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 15, 2007
            Interesting that there are complaints.  I've been using Nero for a couple of years now and love it.

            Am including a screenshot of the version (6.6) I use - and it's TRES easy.  (I clicked on the DATA choice from the top row of six icons - to show what options it has.)

            In Kinship,
            Judith Rempel
            Library & Archives Coordinator
            queries@... & rempel@...