Re: Money equivalents

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2007
      see afhs home page: http://www.afhs.ab.ca/aids/index.html#sochistory
      - will take you to: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

      On 14-Jan-07, at 17:54 , Mertie Beatty wrote:

      > Hi:
      > Some time ago I found a link to a place where you could enter a
      > date like 1914 and find out what a dollar in 1914 or any other year
      > would be worth in today's dollars. But I did not bookmark it, and
      > now cannot find it.
      > For example, homesteaders paid a $10.00 filing fee. What would
      > that be equivalent to in today's dollars?
      > If someone could direct me to where I could find this, I'd be
      > most grateful.
      >
      > Mertie Beatty

    • william campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2007
        Hi Mertie, et al:

        If you put   'money equivalents'  into Google search there is a raft of information there.

        Hope that works for you.

        Cheers

        BILL

        Mertie Beatty wrote:
        Hi:
            Some time ago I found a link to a place where you could enter a date like 1914 and find out what a dollar in 1914 or any other year would be worth in today's dollars.  But I did not bookmark it, and now cannot find it.
            For example, homesteaders paid a $10.00 filing fee.  What would that be equivalent to in today's dollars?
            If someone could direct me to where I could find this, I'd be most grateful.

        Mertie Beatty

        No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.16.10/626 - Release Date: 1/14/2007 8:29 PM

        --
        WILLIAM CAMPBELL
        CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA

      • Caren Secord