Money equivalents

  • Mertie Beatty
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2007
      Hi:
          Some time ago I found a link to a place where you could enter a date like 1914 and find out what a dollar in 1914 or any other year would be worth in today's dollars.  But I did not bookmark it, and now cannot find it.
          For example, homesteaders paid a $10.00 filing fee.  What would that be equivalent to in today's dollars?
          If someone could direct me to where I could find this, I'd be most grateful.

      Mertie Beatty
    • Mary Arthur
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2007
        see afhs home page: http://www.afhs.ab.ca/aids/index.html#sochistory
        - will take you to: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

        On 14-Jan-07, at 17:54 , Mertie Beatty wrote:

        > Hi:
        > Some time ago I found a link to a place where you could enter a
        > date like 1914 and find out what a dollar in 1914 or any other year
        > would be worth in today's dollars. But I did not bookmark it, and
        > now cannot find it.
        > For example, homesteaders paid a $10.00 filing fee. What would
        > that be equivalent to in today's dollars?
        > If someone could direct me to where I could find this, I'd be
        > most grateful.
        >
        > Mertie Beatty

      • william campbell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2007
          Hi Mertie, et al:

          If you put   'money equivalents'  into Google search there is a raft of information there.

          Hope that works for you.

          Cheers

          BILL

          Mertie Beatty wrote:
          Hi:
              Some time ago I found a link to a place where you could enter a date like 1914 and find out what a dollar in 1914 or any other year would be worth in today's dollars.  But I did not bookmark it, and now cannot find it.
              For example, homesteaders paid a $10.00 filing fee.  What would that be equivalent to in today's dollars?
              If someone could direct me to where I could find this, I'd be most grateful.

          Mertie Beatty

          No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.16.10/626 - Release Date: 1/14/2007 8:29 PM

          --
          WILLIAM CAMPBELL
          CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA

        • Caren Secord