Re: [NTT] Did your ancestor emmigrate

  • Marlene Knott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
      CBC Newsworld this morning (Harry Forestall) excitedly reported finding
      ancestors on the site www.ancestorson board.com
      There are 30 million records of people leaving the British Isles for
      various countries around the world.

      When I tried it just now, this site hooks up to findmypast.com and the
      searchable years for arriving in Canada were only 1890-1899 (the rest
      available by 2008). I didn't find any fee information, but "units" were
      mentioned.

      Good luck
      Marlene Knott

      On Jan 10, 2007, at 7:21 AM, Carol Lylyk wrote:

      > This sounds promising but of course it will depend on much they
      > charge for it. Carol Lylyk
      >

      > " Apparently TNA have licenced a company to digitise all
      > passenger lists from 1890 to 1960 and from Wednesday these will
      > be available online via a commercial company"
      > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070110/wr_nm/britain_passengers_dc

    • william campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
        THANKS CAROL FOR YOUR ALERTNESS AND THOUGHFULNESS IN SHARING!

        BILL

        --
        WILLIAM CAMPBELL
        CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA