Fw: [NTT] Did your ancestor emmigrate

  • Carol Lylyk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
      This sounds promising but of course it will depend on much they
      charge for it. Carol Lylyk

      " Apparently TNA have licenced a company to digitise all
      passenger lists from 1890 to 1960 and from Wednesday these will
      be available online via a commercial company"
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070110/wr_nm/britain_passengers_dc
    • Marlene Knott
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
        CBC Newsworld this morning (Harry Forestall) excitedly reported finding
        ancestors on the site www.ancestorson board.com
        There are 30 million records of people leaving the British Isles for
        various countries around the world.

        When I tried it just now, this site hooks up to findmypast.com and the
        searchable years for arriving in Canada were only 1890-1899 (the rest
        available by 2008). I didn't find any fee information, but "units" were
        mentioned.

        Good luck
        Marlene Knott

        On Jan 10, 2007, at 7:21 AM, Carol Lylyk wrote:

        > This sounds promising but of course it will depend on much they
        > charge for it. Carol Lylyk
        >

        > " Apparently TNA have licenced a company to digitise all
        > passenger lists from 1890 to 1960 and from Wednesday these will
        > be available online via a commercial company"
        > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070110/wr_nm/britain_passengers_dc

      • william campbell
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
          THANKS CAROL FOR YOUR ALERTNESS AND THOUGHFULNESS IN SHARING!

          BILL

          --
          WILLIAM CAMPBELL
          CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA