Old Movies

  • Blair BARR
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2006
      Hi I have several small reels of 8 mm movie films and would like to
      convert them to cd or dvd.
      How do I go about getting the transfer done.
      The movies are in quite good condition considering they are from the 1960
      time frame.
      any help much appreciated Blair Barr
    • Mary Arthur
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2006
        I did this several years ago to tape and used Director's Chair (as
        much because they were close to me & around the same price as the
        others I phoned), but there were only 6? reels and we really wanted
        them. I don't remember it as cheap, but also, not as outrageous.

        See yellow pages 2256 and phone some of the choices and choose the
        one that you feel most comfortable with.

        Mary Arthur

        On 27-Nov-06, at 19:30 , Blair BARR wrote:

        > Hi I have several small reels of 8 mm movie films and would like
        > to convert them to cd or dvd.
        > How do I go about getting the transfer done.
        > The movies are in quite good condition considering they are from
        > the 1960 time frame.
        > any help much appreciated Blair Barr

      • Gord Hulbert
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2006
          Blair BARR wrote:
          > Hi I have several small reels of 8 mm movie films and would like to
          > convert them to cd or dvd.
          > How do I go about getting the transfer done.
          > The movies are in quite good condition considering they are from the
          > 1960 time frame.
          > any help much appreciated Blair Barr

          Hi there:

          There are companies in town taht do this sort of thing. Many years ago
          I had an old file copied to a VHS tape. I'm sure today the same thing
          could be done to a DVD.

          --
          Regards,

          Gord Hulbert