Given name

  • Judie Riddell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2006

      Marlene and I are struggling with the proofing of markers for various nationalities buried in Section V

      Often the monuments have the inscription or the given name in a language other than English.

      We are wondering if any one can tell us if “Panagiota” is a male or female name.  The terms Mother and Father are also on the marker and we want to assign that to the right person.

      Judie

    • Kenneth W. Rees
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2006
        >>Marlene and I are struggling with the proofing of markers for various
        >>nationalities buried in Section V
        >>

        >>Often the monuments have the inscription or the given name in a language
        >>other than English.
        >>

        >>We are wondering if any one can tell us if “Panagiota” is a male or female
        >>name.  The terms Mother and Father are also on the marker and we want to
        >>assign that to the right person.
        >>

        >>Judie

        From Google:

        Behind the Name: View Name: PanagiotaView Name: Panagiota. PANAGIOTA. Gender: Feminine. Usage: Greek. Other Scripts: Παναγιωτα (Greek). Feminine form of PANAGIOTIS · Related Names ...
        www.behindthename.com/php/view.php?name=panagiota - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

        Kenneth W. Rees