Re: E-Library

  • Shirley Redfern
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2006

      Hi Everyone,

      For those of you who are not familiar with E-Library, I have sent the following note:

      There are several ways to access the indexed 1851 Census  that I am aware of.

      1.  E-Library - You need to have a library card.  Go to the Calgary Public   Library Website @  http://www.calgarypubliclibrary.com.    Click on E-Library in the choice of buttons along the top of the page, key in your library number, then the last 4 digits of your telephone number and you are in.

          Cursor down to the Ancestry Genealogy heading, click on it and you are there!

      Also, you can go to any of the LDS sites and access Ancestry.com there.  I believe they ask for $1.00 per hour of time donation type of thing, at least they used to, but using Ancestry.com is free.

      The addresses for these sites are on our AFHS site.

      Good Luck!

      Shirley

      From: Keith Maitland <kmaitlan@...>
      To: Shirley Redfern <shirley_redfern@...>
      Subject: Re: 1851 Census Free On-line
      Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:05:50 -0600
      >Thanks! How does one contact the E Library? Do you have an e-mail
      >address for it ?
      >
      >Keith
      >
      >Shirley Redfern wrote:
      >
      >>Hi Everyone,
      >>
      >>For those of you who are interested, the */_FREE and INDEXED BY
      >>NAME _/*1851 Census of Canada East and Canada west, New Brunswick
      >>and Nova Scotia is on-line at E-Library for 1 week as of yesterday.
      >>
      >>1. Log In
      >>
      >>2. Cursor down past the Search Form to the bottom of the page
      >>
      >>3. Under "More Collections", click on list *_recent_*
      >>
      >>4. The first item is 1851 Census (free).
      >>
      >>I do not have enough memory to load a newer version of Adobe Reader
      >>so I only get about 1 1/2" of the image at a time, but I was still
      >>able to find and see my people!
      >>
      >>I have Adobe Reader 6.0.1, but you can download Version 7
      >>something, I believe it is, at the record that you are viewing
      >>which should probably view the full image.
      >>
      >>*"Happy Hunting!"*
      >>
      >>Shirley Redfern
      >>

      >>Cheers! .... Shirley

      >>Experience Live Search <http://g.msn.com/8HMAENCA/2728??PS=47575>
      >>from your PC or mobile device today.

      Experience Live Search from your PC or mobile device today.

      Buy, Load, Play. The new Sympatico / MSN Music Store works seamlessly with Windows Media Player. Just Click PLAY.