1851 Census Free On-line

  • Shirley Redfern
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2006

      Hi Everyone,

      For those of you who are interested, the FREE and INDEXED BY NAME  1851 Census of Canada East and Canada west, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia is on-line at E-Library for 1 week as of yesterday.

      1.  Log In

      2. Cursor down past the Search Form to the bottom of the page

      3. Under "More Collections", click on list recent

      4. The first item is 1851 Census (free).

      I do not have enough memory to load a newer version of Adobe Reader so I only get about 1 1/2" of the image at a time, but I was still able to find and see my people!

      I have Adobe Reader 6.0.1, but you can download Version 7 something, I believe it is, at the record that you are viewing which should probably view the full image.

      "Happy Hunting!"

      Shirley Redfern

      Cheers!  ....  Shirley

      Experience Live Search from your PC or mobile device today.
    • GORDON LANE
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 25, 2006
        Do you have a link tot he e-Library?

        Gordon