FAMILY HEALTH HISTORY - FAMILYROOTS 2006

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2006
      Hi Folks:
      It's me again!   Don't delete - yet.

      As we approach our FamilyRoots 2006 event on October 13 & 14 we are working to get the electronic media to broadcast the news of our event by encouraging them to interview people who have a story to tell about their family history research.
      The focus this time is on family MEDICAL history and the role of genetics in determining our future health.

      'Health care professionals have known for a long time that common diseases - heart disease, cancer, and diabetes - and even rare diseases - like hemophilia, cystic fibrosis, and sickle cell anemia - can run in families. If one generation of a family has high blood pressure, it is not unusual for the next generation to have similarly high blood pressure. Tracing the illnesses suffered by your parents, grandparents, and other blood relatives can help your doctor predict the disorders to which you may be at risk and take action to keep you and your family healthy.'
      If you are interested, visit  http://www.hhs.gov/familyhistory/

      If there is anyone out there who has an interesting story on how they benefited from knowledge of their ancestor's health issues and would consider being interviewed by a reporter from a radio or TV station would you please let me know NOW by email or phone  254-2293.

      Cheers

      BILL

      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL