FW: Ryan Taylor - a great loss to our community

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2006
      FYI
      -----Original Message-----
      From: admin@...
      [mailto:admin@...]
      Sent: September 29, 2006 6:53 AM
      To: president@...
      Subject: Ryan Taylor - a great loss to our community

      Hello Xenia,

      Thank you to everyone who expressed concern after receiving our e-mail about
      Ryan Taylor's disappearance.

      Authorities are waiting for an official confirmation of identification,
      therefore we can give no further details.

      Ryan will be greatly missed by the genealogical community. He has been an
      instructor at The National Institute for Genealogical Studies in the
      Canadian Studies program for several years. A genealogy librarian by
      profession, Ryan was noted for his eclectic interests and making friendships
      during his lecture tours. He was the author of over a dozen books. Many
      students will also remember an enjoyable week spent with Ryan at our first
      Research Academy in Salt Lake City when he directed the English program.

      A memorial service will be held for Ryan. If you would like to be notified
      of the details when the family has them finalized, please send us an e-mail.

      Should you wish to offer your condolences to the family, you can reply
      directly to this e-mail. You could include your fondest memories of Ryan,
      anything that makes you smile when you think of him --- maybe comments about
      how he helped you solve a genealogical 'brickwall'! Since Ryan enjoyed books
      so much, we will gather your comments and present them to his family in the
      format of a memory book.

      If you would like to read a biography about Ryan, and view his picture, a
      man with a great smile, please go to www.genealogicalstudies.com; click on
      INSTITUTE; click on FACULTY & CONSULTANTS; Scroll down to his name.

      In sadness......

      The National Institute for Genealogical Studies

      Louise St Denis
      Managing Director
      and
      Brenda Dougall Merriman