FW: Origins Network News: Free Access on 4 September, plus Lancashire 1841 Census records!

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      FYI

      Gordon Lane

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Origins Network [mailto:maillist@...]
      Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 12:46 AM
      To: Gordon Lane
      Subject: Origins Network News: Free Access on 4 September, plus Lancashire
      1841 Census records!

      FREE ACCESS TO THE ORIGINS NETWORK FOR 24 HOURS ON THE 4th SEPTEMBER- LABOR
      DAY OFFER!

      The Origins Network (www.originsnetwork.com) is offering free access to both
      British and Irish Origins on the 4th September to celebrate US Labor Day.
      Free access will begin at:

      GMT - 00.00 GMT and will run until 08.00 GMT on 5 September 2006 EST - 7pm
      EST until 3am EST on 5 September 2006.

      In order to access, simply go to www.originsnetwork.com and click on the
      link to sign up or login.

      The Origins Network services include subscription access to exclusive
      genealogy related collections on British Origins and Irish Origins, plus
      expert Scottish Old Parish records research on Scots Origins.

      Partnerships with leading archives and genealogical societies in the UK and
      Ireland, including the Society of Genealogists, the National Library of
      Ireland, Eneclann and the Borthwick Institute of Historical Research, allow
      exclusive online access to important primary sources, abstracts and index
      databases, including definitive versions of key Irish material (Griffiths
      Valuation).

      A wide variety of datasets are available on both British and Irish Origins
      dating as far back as 1267 up to 1948.

      For more information about Labor Day and its origins, please visit:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day_%28United_States%29

      Full details can be found here: www.originsnetwork.com/news.aspx

      NEW RECORDS on www.britishorigins.com

      - Lancashire 1841 England & Wales Census records. Over 1.6 million names are
      now available on British Origins from the county of Lancashire. These
      records are fully indexed and all the images are available for viewing
      online.

      The counties now covered on the 1841 Census on British Origins are:
      Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Essex,
      Glamorgan, Gloucestershire (includes Bristol and its suburbs),
      Herefordshire, Huntingdonshire, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire,
      Middlesex, Monmouthshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire,
      Rutland, Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Warwickshire,
      Wiltshire, Worcestershire and Yorkshire. .

      We believe our 1841 census index to be the most accurate and complete
      available. See
      www.originsnetwork.com/help/popup-aboutbo-census1841-accuracy.htm

      If you have any questions about our services and access, please visit
      http://www.originsnetwork.com or get in touch by email at help@....

      We do receive a large volume of inquiries, so please consult the help pages
      on the web site first with any questions:
      http://www.originsnetwork.com/help/popup-helpres.htm

      If you wish to unsubscribe or edit your email, please go to:
      http://www.originsnetwork.com/MailList/MailList.aspx and submit your
      details.