Ancestory search

  • H D Jaremko
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 2:30 PM
      Hello everyone,
      I am writing on behalf of a friend who is having some trouble in locating her grandparents.  She has checked out lots of things, but comes up empty.  I have recently heard from her that her grandfather had given up his Metis status.  She was told that when you give up your Metis status, then you are wiped out of the system and it is as though you don't exist.  What I was wondering, is how can you find someone if they have given up their Metis status?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. The family name is Ouellette.
      Thanks,
      Heather Jaremko