GENEALOGY SOFTWARE SELECTION

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2006
      Hi Folks:

      I our continuing partnership with the Calgary Public Library many of you will be pleased to know that on Saturday September 16th Bill Mumford will be leading a workshop on software selection. Bill is likely the most knowledgeable member of our AFHS in the area of computer use in genealogy.
      If you have friends who are debating which software to select please let them know of this ourstanding opportunity and it is FREE!

      Genealogy Software: Choosing a Program

        With the number of genealogy software programs on the market, how do you choose which one is right for your project?  Bill Mumford, contributing editor and software reviewer for the National Genealogical Society Newsmagazine and creator of the Genealogical Software Report Card can help you assess your software needs and find the program that best suits.  Time permitting, Bill will demonstrate some of the more popular programs.  This will provide good preparation for “Genealogy, Genes and Gigabytes” the Family Roots Conference in October, where many of the major software programs will be shown.

        SAT Sept 16
      10:00 a.m. – Noon

      4th Floor Meeting Room   Main Branch of CPL

      Register by calling 260-2785

      BILL

      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA