HISTORIC CALGARY - JULY 28 - AUGUST 6

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2006
      Hi Folks:

      In case you are not yet aware I am pleased to bring you some good news.

      Once again our AFHS is privileged to collaborate with  the Chinook Country Historical Society in bringing HISTORIC CALGARY WEEK to the community. And, as usual, it is going to be a 'bell ringer'.

      Take a minute to look at the very complete and exciting website   http://www.albertahistory.org/Chinook/
      You can't help but be impressed with the grand array of tours and presentations planned for all to enjoy.

      On Wednesday evening August 2nd at the Memorial Library, AFHS is delighted to have been able to engaged the oldest living grandson of William Roland Reader, Calgary's first Parks Superintendent, to speak of his life in the beautiful home at the restored Reader Rock Garden. Bill Peacock, a retired Professional Engineer is traveling from Penticton BC especially for this presentation. Bill lived with his grandparents in the newly-restored home for 3 years as a child.

      If you would like to have a printed copy of the Historic Calgary programme visit one of the following locations and pick one up, or call 261-4667.

      City Hall Information desk
      McNally Robinson Booksellers  120 8th Ave sw
      Calgar Public Library - all branches
      City Parks Oudoor Centre  1111Memorial Dr. NW (Old Firehall)

      See you around Calgary!     Enjoy a wonderful summer.

      BILL
      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA

    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2006
        Nice picture of Bill Campbell in the article about AFHS, Calgary Herald
        Neighbors July 20 page N13.