surnames in Great Britian

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2006

       Surname Profiler Project Website

      A recent research project based at University College London (UCL) has investigated the distribution of surnames in Great Britain, both current and historic, in order to understand patterns of regional economic development, population movement and cultural identity. This website allows users to search the databases that we have created, and to trace the geography and history of their family names.

      http://www.spatial-literacy.org/UCLnames/default.aspx

      I don't know how much help this would be to a researcher, but I found it interesting.

      Mary Arthur