'ANCESTORS' - THE VIDEO DOCUMENTARY

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2006
      Hi once more, folks:

      The close collaboration between the AFHS and the Calgary Public Library (CPL) is absolutely outstanding. The support we afford each other's organization is remarkable. This is no more obvious than in this announcement.

      Some of you may recall having viewed what has been acclaimed to be one of the finest genealogy documentary video productions ever, called simply 'ANCESTORS', several years ago. It was aired on KBYU Television and on the Public Broadcasting System and seen here in Alberta. It is a 13-part series which covers the basic resources that all genealogists use routinely. While documentaries can be a little dry or boring this one comes to life with real live stories to illustrate the research process. The first edition was outstanding but the more recent second edition is even better.

      We are delighted to announce that our suggestion to the CPL has been rewarded. The Library saw fit to accept the recommendation of their resident genealogist Christine Hayes and have purchased DVD versions of both the first and second editions to be located in 12 of our library branches. Unfortunately, customers cannot place holds on DVDs but they can determine if a copy is in stock with a phone call to the Library or by searching the on-line catalogue.

      The video can be highly recommended for beginners and for veteran family historians alike. It is both entertaining and highly informative.

      THANK YOU Christine and the Calgary Public Library.

      BILL CAMPBELL
      AFHS Public Relations

      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL