HISTORIC CALGARY - AN AFHS OPPORTUNITY

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2006
      Hi again, Folks:

      In our continuing challenge to ensure that every Calgarian (and a few visitors, too) are fully aware of the AFHS and its many resources we have been invited  by the Chinook Historical Society and the City of Calgary to participate once more in Historic Calgary Week this summer.

      We are invited to provide a speaker on the evening of Wednesday AUGUST 2nd. The talk will be presented at Central Memorial Library and should be about 45 minutes in length.

      The topic is open to the author's choice but realistically should relate somehow to the history of Calgary.

      A brochure is being prepared for widespresd distribution which will publicize all of the events for Historic Calgary Week, including  the proposed talk to be provided by AFHS. The brochure goes to press June 1st.

      If you have a story to tell or would like to provide a talk please let me know as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you have a suggestion of a speaker whom we might contact please don't be shy - contact me either by email or phone (254-2293).
       It will also provide a great opportunity to promote our FamilyRoot 2006 event planned for October 13/14

      Your participation will certainly increase the awareness of the community to the Alberta Family Histories Society.

      Cheers

      BILL
      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL