Re: Dist gen and website

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006
      I am sure I speak for all of us, Thank you Gordon. Dist gen is great
      to have.

      Mary Arthur
      On 16-Apr-06, at 23:42, Gordon Lane wrote:

      > So I have spent the last 10 days moving all the files, re-writing the
      > various scripts that make the cemetery listings searchable, moving the
      > databases, re-entering every user for the dist-gen and compsigtips
      > mailing
      > lists, re-enabling the password protection in various areas of the
      > website,
      > re-entering all the mailing addresses for everyone who does
      > something for
      > the society - treasurer, queries, project, programs etc.
      >
      > Gordon Lane
      > Chairman
      > Alberta Family Histories Society
      > 712-16th Ave NW,
      > Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8
      >
      > chairman@...
      > www.afhs.ab.ca
      > (403)214-1447

    • LynnTaylor
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006

        Gordon,

        Our "Electronic Connections" for AFHS have been so smooth
        for so long that I'm sure I am not alone in admitting that one
        tends to take it all for granted and forget the volunteer hours
        and the special skills that were invested initially . . . and evidently
        . . . continue to be needed!

        Not only did you step up to the plate - but you did it while you
        were juggling many other plates!  Wow!

        Thank you for doing something the majority of us could not
        possibly do . . . applause, applause !!!

        Lynn (Taylor)

      • Phyllis ZIAJKA
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006
          HEAR HEAR.... or should it be HERE HERE.... Whatever.... a Great Big THANK-YOU to Gordon!!!

          Please let me also take this opp. to say HI to all my AFHS friends that I've missed all winter. I'm finally enroute Tucson to Calgary, and at present in SLC (for one more day). A big snow storm here this mordning, but clearing up now... hope thats all, and we don't see any when we get back to Calgary at the end of the week.

          Hope to see all of you at the May Meeting.
          Cheers, Phyllis Ziajka