RE: Dist gen and website

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006
      Gordon:

      You deserve a medal for all the hard work you have done in the past 10 days.
      I doubt anyone else in our Society could have done it so speedily and
      efficiently. This, in addition to the contribution you have made to the
      Society as Chair and in other positions over many years.

      Thank you, thank you.

      Good luck with your degree.

      Rene Dussome

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006
        I am sure I speak for all of us, Thank you Gordon. Dist gen is great
        to have.

        Mary Arthur
        On 16-Apr-06, at 23:42, Gordon Lane wrote:

        > So I have spent the last 10 days moving all the files, re-writing the
        > various scripts that make the cemetery listings searchable, moving the
        > databases, re-entering every user for the dist-gen and compsigtips
        > mailing
        > lists, re-enabling the password protection in various areas of the
        > website,
        > re-entering all the mailing addresses for everyone who does
        > something for
        > the society - treasurer, queries, project, programs etc.
        >
        > Gordon Lane
        > Chairman
        > Alberta Family Histories Society
        > 712-16th Ave NW,
        > Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8
        >
        > chairman@...
        > www.afhs.ab.ca
        > (403)214-1447

      • LynnTaylor
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006

          Gordon,

          Our "Electronic Connections" for AFHS have been so smooth
          for so long that I'm sure I am not alone in admitting that one
          tends to take it all for granted and forget the volunteer hours
          and the special skills that were invested initially . . . and evidently
          . . . continue to be needed!

          Not only did you step up to the plate - but you did it while you
          were juggling many other plates!  Wow!

          Thank you for doing something the majority of us could not
          possibly do . . . applause, applause !!!

          Lynn (Taylor)

        • Phyllis ZIAJKA
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006
            HEAR HEAR.... or should it be HERE HERE.... Whatever.... a Great Big THANK-YOU to Gordon!!!

            Please let me also take this opp. to say HI to all my AFHS friends that I've missed all winter. I'm finally enroute Tucson to Calgary, and at present in SLC (for one more day). A big snow storm here this mordning, but clearing up now... hope thats all, and we don't see any when we get back to Calgary at the end of the week.

            Hope to see all of you at the May Meeting.
            Cheers, Phyllis Ziajka