RE: Chinook and Irish Research

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2002
      Hi Ellen and all Irish researchers,

      To find the index to the flax seed premium entitlement list entitled
      "surname index for the 1796 spinning wheel premium entitlement lists of
      Ireland" see FHL microfilm # 6341104

      Description of film from FHLC is as follows:
      Title
      A list of persons to whom premiums for sowing flax-seed in the year 1796
      have been adjudged by the trustees of the Linen Manufacture

      Authors
      Ireland. Linen Trade Board (Main Author)

      Notes
      Microreproduction of original published: [Ireland] : Printed by B. & F.
      Williamson, Printers to the trustees of the Linen Board.
      Includes list of premiums for each county in alphabetical order by county.

      Subjects
      Flax industry - Ireland
      Ireland - Business records and commerce
      Ireland - Occupations
      Linen - Ireland

      Format
      Books/Monographs (On Film)

      Language
      English

      Publication
      Dublin, Ireland : National Library of Ireland Photographic Reproduction
      Services, 1984

      Physical
      1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.

      Film Notes
      Note - Location [Film]
      Index entitled "Surname index for the 1796 spinning wheel premium
      entitlement lists of Ireland." - FHL BRITISH Library Attendants' Window [
      6341104 ]
      A list of persons to whom premiums for sowing flax-seed in the year 1796
      have been adjudged by the trustees of the Linen Manufacture - FHL BRITISH
      Film [ 1419442 ]

      © 2000 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.

      The County Kerry list has been reproduced online at
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~irlker/flax1796.html

      There is also a description of it at the above url.

      Hope that helps.

      Enter Xenia as a search term at http://globalgazette.net/ to find my column
      "Nos Racines Francaises"
      Local book and magazine sales: