Chinook Serendipity Articles

  • Beverley A. Rees
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11 1:24 PM
      We are desperately working on the Chinook which needs to be at the printers on Monday.  We have no serendipity articles as of yet.  PLEASE, there must be some one who has a story to share.  It doesn't have to be long - just a unique, serendipitous experience you have had doing family history research.  A photo would be nice to accompany the article if possible.

      Thanks!
      Bev Rees

    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22 5:35 PM

        Notice of Annual General Meeting and Special Resolution

        Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the members of theAl berta Family Histories Society will be held on Monday May 1st, 2006 at 7:15 p.m. MT at the First Christian Reformed Church, 3818 14A Street, S.W. Calgary, Al berta for the following purposes:

        1. To receive the Society’s annual audited financial report
        2. to receive reports from various committees and special interest groups
        3. to consider, and if thought fit, to pass a Special Resolution to make changes to the Society’s Bylaws
        4. to elect officers for the ensuing year
        5. to appoint an auditor  and authorize the Board of Directors to fix the auditor’s remuneration
        6. to transact such other business required under the Bylaws and as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment thereof

        The changes to the Bylaws will be:

        Section 1.3

        The elected members of the Board of Directors shall appoint Chairs of Standing Committees, as appropriate, annually and have their appointment ratified at the General Meeting following the Annual General Meeting. These appointees shall become non-voting members of the Board of Directors for financial decisions.

        Section 1.5

        The Board of Directors may create such additional Standing and Ad Hoc Committees and Special Interest Groups from time to time as it deems necessary. The additional Standing Committee shall be ratified at the next General Meeting following the formation of the said group.

        No other part of the Bylaws is affected

        Copies of the proposed changes to the Bylaws may be viewed at the Society’s Library at 712 16th Avenue N.W. during Library Open Hours from 1 April 2006 to 1 May 2006 inclusive.

        Copies of the proposed changes may also be viewed on the Society’s website at www.afhs.ab.ca as of 1st April 2006.

        Dated at Calgary ,Al berta this 12th day of March 2006-03-12

        Gordon Lane

        Chairman