FW: Genealogical tour to Western Ukraine

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2006
      FYI

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

      From: Jim Onyschuk [mailto:jodanji@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:26 AM
      To: chairman@...
      Subject: Genealogical tour to Western Ukraine

      Can you e-mail the information below to your group in Alberta?

      Thank you!

      Jim Onyschuk

      Our group, the Toronto Ukrainian Genealogy Group (TUGG) http://www.torugg.org

      is hosting a genealogical tour to Western Ukraine in May/June of 2006.

      If members of your organization wish to join us, they are most welcome!

      Here are the particulars.

      The Toronto Ukrainian Genealogy Group (TUGG) is planning a Discover Your Roots Tour from May 25 to June 11th, 2006.

      For complete details and how to register See:

      http://www.torugg.org/TUGG%20Projects/trip_to_ukraine.html

      We will spend a number of days in Lviv, Ivan-Fankivsk, Ternopil and Kyiv, both as tourists and researchers. We will visit various archives and visit the villages of our ancestors. Here is a more Detailed Itinerary of the Tour. http://www.torugg.org/trip_itinerary.html

      If you wish to go on this "Discover Your Roots Trip", you will need to fill out a Reservation Form, http://www.torugg.org/reservation_form.html

      And the Archives Family Search Form.

      http://www.torugg.org/archive_form.html

      It is important that the Archives Family Search Form be filled out as best you can. Our intention is to forward the requests from the Form to the respective archives for processing. We will inform them when we will be visiting their archive and hopefully the requested genealogical information will have been prepared and readied for our visit.

      COSTS

      • Double Occupancy per Person Price on a twin/sharing basis is $3250.00 (CAN$) • Single Occupancy per Person Price: $3850.00 (CAN$)

      Regards,

      Jim Onyschuk

      905) 841-6707

      http://www.onyschuk.com