FW: [CDBooks-News] ARCHIVE CD BOOKS NEWS - 2006 March 4

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 9:01 AM
      the original sender

      FYI

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

      -----Original Message-----
      From: cdbooks-news-bounces@...
      [mailto:cdbooks-news-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Rod Neep
      Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:52 AM
      To: cdbooks-news@...
      Subject: [CDBooks-News] ARCHIVE CD BOOKS NEWS - 2006 March 4

      This news is sent to you by the Archive CD Books project
      http://www.archivecdbooks.org ______________________________________________

      ARCHIVE CD BOOKS NEWS - 2006 March 4

      In this news:

      * Latest CD Releases
      * Mad March Special Offers (this weekend)
      * Our Visit to Kenya and the school project

      LATEST RELEASES

      The latest releases, as they happen, can always be seen at
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/books/new/

      ** Religious Institutions of Old Nottingham Three volumes, published between
      1895 and 1899. Not only relating to the three main parish churches of
      Nottingham, but other ancient churches and religious institutions too,
      including the chapels in the castle, a chapel actually on Trent Bridge, a
      chapel in the caves of Nottingham, a mediaeval synagogue for the town's
      Jews, and lots more. This is not just a simple descriptive work, but an
      extremely in-depth scholarly study in great detail.
      See Nottinghamshire history page
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/ntt-history.html#A0673

      ** The Origins of Popular Superstitions, Customs and Ceremonies A
      wonderfully fascinating book, just applicable today as it was when it was
      written, or in the times relating to our ancestors. Superstitions and
      customs relating to days and seasons; Marriage superstitions and customs;
      Divination and Omens, and lots more.
      (Free download of contents and index)
      See Lifestyle page
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/misc-lifestyle.html#A1354

      ** Grimsby & Cleethorpes 1906 Directory
      A superb directory! It lists all households, house by house, street by
      street!
      See Lincolnshire Directories page

      ** Grimsby & Cleethorpes 1922-3 Directory Yet another one similar to the
      above See Lincolnshire Directories page
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/lin-directories.html

      Also see the special offers page for a Grimsby & Cleethorpes compendium
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/specialoffers.html

      ** Old London City Churches
      Where was that church? What was it like. What was its organ like, and its
      musical associations? This book gives the answers. (Free download of preface
      and index) See London / Churches page
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/lnd-church.html#A1376

      ==========================

      And finally....
      TOPOGRAPHICAL HISTORY OF NORFOLK
      Blomefield and Parkin, 11 Volumes
      THE RECOGNISED AUTHORITATIVE REFERENCE FOR NORFOLK

      We are very fortunate indeed to be able to make this excellent set of 11
      volumes available on CD for researchers. These volumes are extremely rare,
      and if you could find them, they would cost several thousand pounds to
      purchase. (I just found a set for sale at £3,750 !)

      An absolute MUST for the serious Norfolk researcher.

      A Description of the Towns, Villages, and Hamlets, with the Foundations of
      Monasteries, Churches, Chapels, Chanteries, and other Religious Buildings...
      Also An Account of the ancient and present state of all the Rectories,
      Vicarages, Donatives and etc. Likewise an Historical Account of the Castles,
      Seats and manors, etc.

      A Monumental Work by Francis Blomefield and continued after his death in
      1752, by Charles Parkin.

      AVAILABLE VERY SOON - THE RELEASE PRICE OF THIS SET OF 11 VOLUMES ON CD WILL
      BE £49.00 (Plus VAT on sales within the EU) ADVANCE ORDERS BEING TAKEN NOW
      AT A PRE-PRODUCTION PRICE OF JUST £36.00

      (We expect completion to be in about 1 week) To see the books and to advance
      order now at this low price, see;
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/nfk-history.html

      MAD MARCH SPECIAL OFFERS

      Some of these are special offers until Monday March 6th Some are limited by
      production, e.g. only 25 sets made.

      So you need to look into these quickly to avoid disappointment!
      All are listed on one place on the Archive CD Books catalogue at
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/specialoffers.html

      GENEALOGY REFERENCE SET 1
      4 CD set
      A SET OF FOUR GENEALOGY REFERENCE BOOKS
      Whether you are a beginner to family history or an old hand, these books
      will be of great interest, and help you with your research.
      - ENGLISH SURNAMES
      - COURT HAND RESTORED
      - GENEALOGY AND SURNAMES
      - A GENEALOGICAL GUIDE
      £25.00

      GENEALOGY REFERENCE SET 2
      4 CD set
      ANOTHER INDISPENSABLE SET OF BOOKS - THIS TIME DESCRIBING IN DETAIL THE
      TYPES OF RESOURCES AVAILABLE, WHAT THEY MEAN, AND WHERE TO FIND THEM
      - SIMM'S MANUAL FOR THE TOPOGRAPHER AND GENEALOGIST
      - THE GENEALOGISTS GUIDE
      - RECORDS AND RECORD SEARCHING
      - HOW TO WRITE THE HISTORY OF A FAMILY - W P W Phillimore See the special
      offers page of the catalogue for more details and to place an order £25.00

      ==================

      NATIONAL ROLL OF THE GREAT WAR - 11 CD SET Not just soldiers, but also those
      with other occupations, nurses, civilians, key factory workers, etc.
      See the special offers page of the catalogue for more details and to place
      an order Just £50.00 for all 11 CDs!

      ==================

      Birmingham Directories of the 1800s - 12 CD Set A superb collection!
      - 1852/3 Slater's Directory of Birmingham & Vicinity
      - 1855 F White's Directory of the Borough of Birmingham
      - 1862 Corporation Directory of Birmingham and its Environs
      - 1868 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham
      - 1878 Post Office Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs
      - 1879 Post Office Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs
      - 1883 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs
      - 1890 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs
      - 1892 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs
      - 1895 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs
      - 1897 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs (with map)
      - 1899 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs FANTASTIC VALUE!
      These 12 CDs normally sell at £219.50 and this is a great opportunity to
      obtain the full collection for just £50.00 (+VAT on sales within the EU) -
      No further discounts apply.
      ONLY 25 SETS AVAILABLE AT THIS SPECIAL OFFER PRICE

      See the special offers page of the catalogue for more details and to place
      an order http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/specialoffers.html

      Birmingham Directories of the 1900s - 6 CD Set House by house, street by
      street listings of all households. Labourers, workmen, widows, and
      everything up to judges, etc. With this set of directories you can even
      trace your more recent ancestors, and even see details of your grandparents
      and their neighbours.
      - 1900 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs
      - 1905 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs
      - 1908 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham and its Suburbs
      - 1913 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham
      - 1915 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham
      - 1940 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham
      ONLY 25 OF THESE SPECIAL OFFER SETS HAVE BEEN PRODUCED Normal price of these
      6 directories on CD if purchased separately is £126.00 Special price £35
      (+VAT on sales within the EU) (No further discounts
      apply)
      See the special offers page of the catalogue for more details and to place
      an order

      Kent Directories 10 CD Set
      1 - 1826/7 Pigot's Directory
      2 - 1840 Pigot's Directory
      3 - 1847 Bagshaw's History, Gazetteer and Directory of the County of Kent (2
      Volumes)
      4 - 1851 Post Office (Kelly's) Directory
      5 - 1867 Post Office Directory
      6 - 1882 Kelly's Directory
      7 - 1899 Kelly's Directory
      8 - 1903 Kelly's Directory (with map)
      9 - 1922 Kelly's Directory
      10 - 1930 Kelly's Directory
      ONLY 25 SETS AVAILABLE AT THIS SPECIAL OFFER PRICE OF £50 (Normal price of
      the 10 CDs is £142.25) See the special offers page of the catalogue for more
      details and to place an order

      Liverpool Directories 8 CD Set
      Liverpool Directories from the 1700s through to the 1900s Liverpool was one
      of the few places in England that had early city directories. The Archive CD
      Books collection includes many of these, and therefore we have made up this
      SPECIAL OFFER set of eight volumes.
      - 1766 Liverpool's first ever directory
      - 1796 Gore's Liverpool Directory
      - 1821 Gore's Liverpool Directory
      - 1843 Gore's Liverpool Directory
      - 1860 Gore's Liverpool Directory
      - 1881 Kelly's Directory of Liverpool
      - 1911 Gore's Directory of Liverpool & Suburbs
      - 1938 Kelly's (Gore's) Directory of Liverpool & Suburbs We have made just
      25 sets of these CDs for our March special offer - first come, first served.
      The "add to cart" button will disappear after the last one is sold. Don't
      miss out on this opportunity for buy £118.75 worth of CDs as a set for just
      £45.00 (+VAT on sales within the EU)

      See the special offers page of the catalogue for more details and to place
      an order http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/specialoffers.html

      Lancashire Directories 10 CD Set
      A superb library collection of Lancashire directories for the 1800s period.
      We offer these as separate products at a normal price of £166.75, SPECIAL
      OFFER PRICE FOR THIS SET £50.00. While stocks last!. We have made up just 25
      of these 10 CD sets - when the last one is sold, then the "add to cart"
      button will disappear. So order now to avoid disappointment. An enormous and
      incredibly detailed amount of information for Liverpool researchers.
      - 1822 Pigot's Directory
      - 1824/5 Baines Directory (2 large volumes)
      - 1828/9 Pigot's Directory (with map)
      - 1834 Pigot's Directory
      - 1846 Slater's Directory
      - 1855 Slater's Directory (with map)
      - 1858 Post Office Directory - 3 large volumes (Liverpool, Manchester and
      Preston have superb street by street directories which will prove immensely
      useful, especially to those trying to find ancestors in censuses for which
      an address is almost essential.
      - 1869 Slater's Directory
      - 1895 Kelly's Directory (excludes Liverpool & Manchester)
      - 1905 Kelly's Directory
      We offer these as separate products at a normal price of £166.75, SPECIAL
      OFFER PRICE FOR THIS SET £50.00 While stocks last!. We have made up just 25
      of these 10 CD sets - when the last one is sold, then the "add to cart"
      button will disappear. So order now to avoid disappointment.
      See the special offers page of the catalogue for more details and to place
      an order

      London 1902 Directories 4 CD Set
      THREE HUGE VOLUMES
      In 1902 Kellys produced a huge central London directory, plus two other
      separate volumes for the Northern and Southern suburbs. We have these
      available as separate CD books at £56.50 But here is a golden opportunity to
      purchase all 4 CDs (the Central London is on 2 CDs) for just £25.00 as part
      of our March special Offer. (+VAT on sales within the EU) (No other
      discounts apply) See the special offers page of the catalogue for more
      details and to place an order

      London Directories 10 CD Set
      A library of London Directories on CD for your research! We have made just
      30 copies of this 10 CD set as part of our March special offer.
      Order now to avoid disappointment! Normal cost of these CDs if purchased
      separately is £162.40 - SPECIAL OFFER PRICE JUST £50.00 (plus vat on sales
      within the EU) (No further discounts applied)
      - 1677 The London Directory of 1677 is the oldest printed list of the
      Merchants & Bankers of London
      - 1819 Post Office London Directory
      - 1822 Pigot's Directory
      - 1825 Pigot's Directory
      - 1833 Royal Blue Book
      - 1839 Pigot's Directory
      - 1843 Post Office Directory
      - 1848 Post Office Directory
      - 1851 Post Office Directory
      - 1856 Post Office Directory
      We offer these as separate products at a normal price of £166.75, SPECIAL
      OFFER PRICE FOR THIS SET £50.00 While stocks last!. We have made up just 25
      of these 10 CD sets - when the last one is sold, then the "add to cart"
      button will disappear. So order now to avoid disappointment.

      See the special offers page of the catalogue for more details and to place
      an order http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/specialoffers.html

      Kelly's 1918 Directories of Kent, Surrey & Sussex THIS HUGE BOOK IS THICKER
      THAN IT IS WIDE ! An immense amount of information for the three counties.
      Each comprises a general description of the county, its landscape and
      geology (with maps), its infrastructure, council, transport, etc.
      A county wide directory of places with their facilities, churches, schools,
      etc. together with their inhabitants with trades An alphabetical directory
      of people with trades A classified trades and professional directory
      Superbly detailed colour maps of each county.
      (Member discounts apply to this CD)
      Price: £25.00 (£29.38 Including VAT at 17.5%)

      Kelly's 1913 Directory Kent Surrey Sussex Compendium A HUGE DIRECTORY
      COVERING THREE COUNTIES IN 1913 See the special offers page of the catalogue
      for more details and to place an order
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/specialoffers.html

      1927 Kelly's Directories Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, Channel Islands
      SPECIAL OFFER COMPENDIUM FOR A VERY LIMITED PERIOD ONLY See the special
      offers page of the catalogue for more details and to place an order

      SPECIAL OFFER COMPENDIUM
      GRIMSBY & CLEETHORPES DIRECTORIES
      1896, 1898, 1902, 1906, 1910, 1922, 1935 Limited period only - Just £25
      (+VAT on sales within the EU). Normal price if purchased individually is
      over £100 See the special offers page
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/specialoffers.html

      CORNWALL DIRECTORIES & MAPS COMPENDIUM
      LIMITED EDITION - ONLY 100 PRODUCED - FIRST COME FIRST SERVED

      A great opportunity to obtain a huge library of resources for Cornwall.
      This is a limited edition CD - only 100 have been produced, and its first
      come first served. (Update: there are only 15 of these left) This Limited
      Edition CD is presented in a really classy case that looks like an old book.
      Just £25.00 (plus VAT on sales within the EU - tax free overseas) Contents
      include:
      - 1830 Pigot's Directory
      - 1839 Robson's Directory
      - 1844 Pigot's Directory
      - 1856 Post Office Directory
      - 1893 Kelly's Directory
      - 1910 Kelly's Directory
      - 1939 Kelly's Directory
      - Cornwall maps of 1695, 1814, 1831, 1837, 1839, 1856, 1884, 1910 & 1939

      Some of these are special offers until Monday March 6th
      Some are limited by production, e.g. only 25 sets made.

      So you need to look into these quickly to avoid disappointment!
      All are listed on one place on the Archive CD Books catalogue at
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/acatalog/specialoffers.html

      Our Visit to Kenya and the school project

      In February, Gay and I made a trip to Kenya to visit The Archive CD
      Books sponsored school and children.

      Thanks to the supporters and friends of Archive CD Books, we have
      managed to do an immense amount of work this time!

      - We have sponsored the school fees of 98 infant children
      - A new pathway around the school - £377
      - Plastering in classes 7 & 8 - £37
      - Painting in classes 7 & 8 - £88
      - Pin boards in classes 7 & 8 - £74
      - Electricity supply to the school ! - £298
      - Wiring. Lights & power points to classes 7 & 8 plus 2 offices £172
      - Concrete floor to class 5 - £54.99

      We took the money with us... and saw the work done immediately!

      A list of the children and their sponsors is now on a separate web page
      at
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/kenya/2006sponsor-list.html
      and the corresponding photographs of the children at:
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/kenya/2006project1b.html

      A MILLION THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS SO SUCCESSFUL !

      Some probable future projects at the school....

      1. Plastering of the internal walls for (class rooms) Std.3 to Std. 6
      2. Steel windows and doors to (class rooms) Std. 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6
      3. Pin boards for back walls of Std. 1 to Std. 6
      4. Wiring (lights and power) for Std. 1 to 6 plus staff room
      The above can be done in stages, say 2 rooms at a time.
      5. Lights & power points for Infant block (4 rooms)
      6. Pin boards for infant block (3 rooms)
      7. Existing concrete floors repaired plus floor sealant
      8. Latrines for the infant block
      9. Additional latrines for the primary school
      10. A new kitchen and the feeding programme (a big project!)

      We now have a separate discussion forum for those interested in the
      project. And there is a lot of discussion because of the great interest
      in what we are doing!
      http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=349

      I am working at the moment on the web pages with photos of our recent
      visit...
      http://www.rod-neep.co.uk/kenya/
      Quite a lot done, but more to come.

      Regards