European Libraries

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2006
      This is from NeatNew an ezine by Marylaine Block

      Begin forwarded message:

      European Library
      "a portal which offers access to the combined resources (books, magazines, journals.... - both digital and non-digital) of the 43 national libraries of Europe. It offers free searching and delivers digital objects - some free, some priced." The search results tell you which libraries have materials on your topic and link you to each catalog's list of retrieved items. The system is slow and unwieldy, but it will still be helpful to scholars.

      Mary Arthur

      "I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image"

      Stephen Hawking on computer viruses.