In Memoriam: Marjorie Moore, FSG

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2006
      the original sender

      Dick Eastman's Online Newsletter today contains the following:

      I just received a sad note from Jeanne Bunting that says, in part:

      I have just heard that Marjorie Moore FSG, a well-known name in Family
      History circles in the UK has been killed in an accident while on holiday in
      South Africa. She was in a safari vehicle that overturned.

      She was a past Chairman of the Society of Genealogists and was instrumental
      in organising its London Family History Fair from its beginning. She and her
      husband Richard could be seen most weekends at Family History Fairs around
      the country where they gave free advice.

      She wore many hats and will be sadly missed by the organisations she
      represented as well as by Richard and their families.

      * * *

      English researchers will remember that several years ago Marjorie and
      Richard Moore were the speakers at an AFHS seminar organized by the late Dr.
      Bob Westbury and his committee.

      Rene Dussome