15-23-1 W5 Earl of Egmont's house

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2006
      the original sender

      Acadia is 22-23-1 W5 north of Southland Drive to Heritage (82nd Ave) using
      the Capital Rodways PDF map from City of Calgary web site.

      Willow Park is 15-23-1 W5 south of Southland Drive (98th Ave) according to
      the online map with city streets and land descriptions. East of MacLeod
      Trail across from Tower Chrysler is close to someone else's memory of the
      1938-1959 Fred Perceval (Earl of Egmont) house location than the Best
      Western Hotel near Southland Drive, though that may have been the north
      corner of the property.

      If anyone can help with the Moodie family, I'm still trying to sort out the
      "second cousin" connection of Fred Perceval 1914-2001 and his wife Geraldine
      Anne Augusta Moodie ca 1913-1995 to find her relatives in the 1911 and
      earlier census records. Still missing her mother & siblings after working on
      this project most of the day.

      Most of these people had three first names, nicknames or are shown in some
      sources with initials. Many of them have a family surname as one of the
      middle names. Some of the children are not in birth order in the Moodie
      Family Tree on the collectionscanada.ca web site.

      There are major complications with the 1911 census due to handwriting,
      online image quality, census taker errors and people on the move. To help
      future researchers, I'm trying to suggest corrections for surnames. The 1911
      census index is complete and searchable from within Family Tree Maker 2006
      using the new ancestry.ca subscription _IF_ index workers and census taker
      were both accurate and the individual didn't use too many name
      variations. -- Elizabeth