Description of duties for Nominating Committee

  • Callie Reid
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2006

      From what I understand AFHS needs three volunteers for the Nominating Committee.  Could someone post on here so we can all see what this is and what the volunteers are responsible for?

      Thanks,
      Callie Reid
    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2006
        By Laws

        Look under Nomination Committee.

        Basically the Nomination  committee's responsibility is to find replacement Board members and there are time frames to comply with

        It's really sad that we cannot get 3 volunteers for three months.

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Chairman
        Alberta Family Histories Society
        712-16th Ave NW,
        Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

        chairman@...
        www.afhs.ab.ca
        (403)214-1447

          Ok, it's a 3 month period but are there regular meetings that must be attended during that time, if yes what days are they and where are they held?  And when does this three months start?

          Callie

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2006
            3 months is up at the Annual General Meeting which is May. Work is dependant on how many people you have to phone. There is generally an initial meeting and then I believe most of the rest is done from home by phone and email.

            A list of nominees has to be presented to a general meeting 1 month prior to the AGM and so must be presented to the Board prior to that meeting. April 3rd is the general meeting.

            We have two retiring Board members on the committee so need 1 more person plus a past chair or another person. If you are standing for a Board position you cannot be on the nomination committee