Batch filename changing

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2006

      Does anyone have a recommended utility or freeware that would automatically rename a large set of files?  I've got about 1000 tif files that need to have filenames changed.  Extensions are okay, but the name portion contains capitalization, punctuation & spaces as well as a sequence number.  I need them to be solely the sequence number so that I can get them online (punctuation and caps and spaces can behave irregularly online; also the filestructure is deep enough that I'm trying to reduce the length of the filename).

      I have a tool that can convert all from tif to gif or jpg or ..., but doesn't handle the name well.

      Thanks!

      Judii Rempel

      rempel@...