FamilyRoots 2006 - THE GENEALOGY EVENT OF THE YEAR

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2006
      Hi Folks:

      We're back!!
      Just in case the news hasn't reached you yet, let this be your official notice that southern Alberta's genealogy event of the year is being very actively planned by the AFHS for

      FRIDAY OCTOBER 13 and SATURDAY OCTOBER 14, 2006.

      The location is the Carriage House Inn, MacLeod Trail S in Calgary

      The theme:  GENEALOGY, GENES and GIGABYTES

      More details will follow as the weeks roll by - but mark your calendar now.

      The Planning Committee consists of

      Chairman          Don Park          donpark@...

      Program            Ken and Bev Rees   ken.rees@...

      Facilities           John Doyle         johnbdoyle@...

      Registration      Tara Shymanski   tararobb@...

      Publicity           Bill Campbell       wacampbell@...
                              Gord Hulbert       Gordon@...

      Displays           Freda Stewart      fritzzi@...

      Volunteers        Bev Swan            bjbeswan@...

      No matter whether you are an AFHS member or not please consider this your personal invitation to support  the most important and exciting event in our Society's year.

      If you would like to participate in any way please contact one of the Committee members at your convenience.
      If you have a suggestion for a  seminar topic or a speaker,  let Ken and Bev Rees know immediately
      If you have an idea on how we might ensure that we reach everyone in southern Alberta with  information about our biennial Expo Seminar, let Bill Campbell or Gord Hulbert know.
      If you are aware of a supplier of books, programs or research aids who would like to offer his/her materials or services to family historians, please let Freda Stewart know.

      It is hoped that every family historian or genealogist will find many ideas and resources at
      FamilyRoots 2006 to merit their participation.

      Watch for the posters and the advance publicity brochures appearing at a venue near you very soon.

      And, did we mention ?  -  mark your calendar NOW.

      Cheers

      BILL CAMPBELL