WW1

  • Peter and Yvonne Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
      Happy New Year,

      Does anyone know if the US has a similar web site to what we have here in Canada for listing people who served in World War 1?  (other "conflicts" would be nice too for later).

      I found the NARA (national archives) web site but it does not have any on-line listing of personnel so it makes searching a bit more of a challenge.  I recall I found a web site that listed people who served in the US Civil War too.

      Cheers

      Peter

      Peter Adams
      Calgary, Ab
    • Mary Joan Cornett
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
        Ancestry.com has a U.S. World War I draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 database on their website with scanned pages of the actual forms. They also have U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1928-1946. I know you have to pay to use the site, but you can look at it for free at the LDS library.

        I found one of my Ontario ancestors who had moved to Illinois and signed up with the U.S. army in W.W.I.

        Mary Joan

        Mary Joan Cornett
        jmj1@...