ENG SIG NEXT TUESDAY DEC 13

  • ANN WILLIAMS
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2005
      the original sender

      The English/Welsh SIG will be meeting at the AFHS library this coming Tuesday, December 13th (a change from the scheduled meeting date to accommodate Christmas). As well as tapping the English/Welsh research experience of the group we will talk about what our ancestors (and ourselves) ate in England and how it was cooked. Find out why oatmeal was a common food in Scotland and the North of England but not in the diet of those who lived in the Midlands or South of England.

      Tea and cookies will be served (contributions to the food will be welcome) and, if the computer co-operates, a fun website demonstrated.

      New and old members welcome.

      Ann Williams, tel: 286-4095