WW1 Attestation papers

  • Linda Holdaway
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2005
      Hello,

      For those of you doing military research, you might be interested to know that the Library and Archives of Canada Genealogy Centre's database for those people who enlisted in WW1 does not include navy personnel. (When I read more closely, I realize the key word is soldiers)!  However, you can still order the attestation papers for your navy ancestors by calling the Genealogy Reference Desk at 1-866-578-7777 (toll free) or 1-613-996-7458.  Should you wish to order the files of navy personnel, the same rules apply as getting the files of the soldiers included in the web site's database.

      Linda Holdaway