Re: Chinese GenWeb shortened url

  • Corinne M Wegener-Pehrson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2002
      I will be out of the office until October 21/2002.

      Sincerely yours,

      Brian W. Hutchison, Esq.
      B.Comm., C.M.A., C.G., FSA(Scot)
      Chairman and President

      GENFIND Research Associates, Inc. (Head Office):
      977 Ogilvie Boulevard N.W.
      Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6R 1J9
      Tel/Fax: (780)439-4704
      E-Mail: services@...
      GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. (Calgary Office):
      908-34th Street S.E.
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2A 0Z6
      Home-Page: http://www.gen-find.com

      On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 23:57:38
      Xenia Stanford wrote:
      >Since at least two other people besides Bill found the Chinese genealogy
      >useful for people they or their friends were searching, I thought I should
      >give you the shorter url for the Chinese Genweb with the more direct url -
      >this is the one that has regional and provincial guides for mainland China
      >
      >The long url may not work from what I sent as it splits on email over two
      >lines and if only part is entered, you will receive an error message for the
      >page. All of the very long url below would need to be entered:
      >
      >http://genealogy.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.root
      >sweb.com%2F%7Echnwgw%2F
      >
      >but better yet try http://www.rootsweb.com/~chnwgw/ as that it is more
      >direct route!
      >

      >? bient?t,
      >
      >Xenia Stanford (president@...)
      >A.G.E. Ancestree Genealogical Enterprises
      >Enter Xenia as a search term at http://globalgazette.net/ to find my column
      >"Nos Racines Francaises"
      >Local book and magazine sales:
      >http://www.knowmap.com/age/
      >Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
      >

      >http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      >http://www.family-roots.ca

      Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
      Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com