Re: AFHS BOOK QUERY

  • Mary Joan Cornett
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
      I checked on abebooks.com and they have 2 copies of the book. The link is http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?y=0&tn=Links+of+Memory+A+history+of+Harmattan&x=0

      One of the booksellers is in Mission, B.C. and one is in Edmonton.

      Mary Joan

      Mary Joan Cornett
      jmj1@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2005

        Tonight at the AFHS meeting you will have a chance to purchase our new CD which features Queen’s Park’s Military Section along with other military information for the SPECIAL PRICE of $20.00.

        This CD has 5000 records and almost as many photos.  There is also a list of Albertan Airman who gave their lives during WW II.

        To add substance to this CD we have included a list of Military Websites to help people with their research.

        Judie Riddell

        For the AFHS Projects Committee

      • Keith Maitland
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
          the original sender

          Anyone researching in Manitoba may find this a useful site. It shows
          railways and highways,
          rivers, towns, as well as section, township and range.

          http://www.communityprofiles.mb.ca/cgi-bin/csd/map_mun.cgi?id=4607075&print=1

        • Keith Maitland
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
            the original sender

            To correct my previous message, the better link for this info is:

            http://www.communityprofiles.mb.ca/