AFHS BOOK QUERY

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi Folks:

      I have a query from a fellow who wants to purchase a copy of

      "Links of Memory"   A Historyof Harmattan/Westward Ho.

      Does anyone have a suggestion on how we might help him?

      Cheers

      BILL
    • Mary Joan Cornett
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
        I checked on abebooks.com and they have 2 copies of the book. The link is http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?y=0&tn=Links+of+Memory+A+history+of+Harmattan&x=0

        One of the booksellers is in Mission, B.C. and one is in Edmonton.

        Mary Joan

        Mary Joan Cornett
        jmj1@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2005

          Tonight at the AFHS meeting you will have a chance to purchase our new CD which features Queen’s Park’s Military Section along with other military information for the SPECIAL PRICE of $20.00.

          This CD has 5000 records and almost as many photos.  There is also a list of Albertan Airman who gave their lives during WW II.

          To add substance to this CD we have included a list of Military Websites to help people with their research.

          Judie Riddell

          For the AFHS Projects Committee

        • Keith Maitland
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
            the original sender

            Anyone researching in Manitoba may find this a useful site. It shows
            railways and highways,
            rivers, towns, as well as section, township and range.

            http://www.communityprofiles.mb.ca/cgi-bin/csd/map_mun.cgi?id=4607075&print=1

          • Keith Maitland
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
              the original sender

              To correct my previous message, the better link for this info is:

              http://www.communityprofiles.mb.ca/