Two new resources in the Calgary Public Library "E-library"

  • Lynda Kleingertner
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      the original sender

      I work for the Calgary Public Library and received email today that
      these two new resources are available on the _ calgarypubliclibrary.com
      _ website. I thought I'd pass them along. They are in the E-library
      section and you will have free access with a current public library card
      number.

      * *The Times of London Digital Archive 1785 - 1985: * Find news
      articles on people, major historical events such as the French
      Revolution or Falkland War, obituaries, advertising, classifieds,
      book reviews, photos, crosswords, parliamentary reporting, and
      editorials as written in 200 years of The Times of London newspaper.

      * *Toronto Star Pages From the Past: * search the complete text and
      images (by date or keyword) in the Toronto Star newspaper 1894 –
      1951 covering Canadian and world events, politics, business and
      finance, history, births and deaths, advertisements, photos. To
      view pages you must have Adobe 5.05 pdf reader.

      regards
      Lynne Kleingertner