Immigration

  • Mary Tollestrup
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2005
      the original sender

      >Would anyone know where I could find records relating to immigration about
      >1912/13. My great-grandparents (John and Annie McCool) came from Scotland
      >to Calgary with their family. I assume they still come by ships at that
      >time. All the passenger lists I have found are back in the 1800's, but
      >nothing from this time period.
      >
      >Any suggestions?
      >
      >Joanne Elford

      For those of you who might be interested in making a trip down to
      Lethbridge, the Lethbridge Family History Center has all the Border Crossing
      films for people entering Canada from the U.S. Also, the Lethbridge AGS
      purchased over 750 Border Crosing films for people entering the U.S. from
      Canada. These are housed at the Lethbridge Public Library.

      Mary

      Mary's Genealogy Treasures
      http://www.telusplanet.net/public/mtoll/

    • Mary Tollestrup
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2005
        the original sender

        Sorry, I had a seniors moment. It should be the other way around. The
        Lethbridge Family History Center have Border Crossing films for people
        entering U.S. from Canada and the Lethbridge Public Library have over 750
        films for people entering Canada from the US

        Mary's Genealogy Treasures
        http://www.telusplanet.net/public/mtoll/
        mtollestrup@...

      • Phyllis Ziajka
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 20, 2005
          the original sender

          'Morning All.....

          If I'm not mistaken..... the Lethbridge public library also has all the
          films of Ships Passenger Lists for arrivals at Canadian Ports for the time
          period in question....... If I'm wrong on this, would someone please correct
          me.
          Cheers, Phyllis