LDS Digitization Project

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2005
      the original sender

      Hi All:

      Like me, you are probably aware of the LDS Digitization Project presently
      taking place but until I received the undernoted e-mail from another list I
      did not know how to find out which books have been digitized.

      I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they will soon digitize some of
      the North Dakota books that I need.

      Rene Dussome

      The LDS Family History Library has announced that it has begun the process
      of digitizing and making available on the Internet all of the Family History
      books in their collection. About 5,000 books have been digitized and are
      available and they have announced that they are adding about 100 titles a
      week to the on-line collection.

      Go to the web site of the Harold B. Lee Library at BYU,
      http://www.lib.byu.edu/

      From the list of collections that are
      displayed, choose:

      "Find Other Materials"
      "Electronic"
      "On Line Collections at BYU"
      Choose the TAB "Text Collections"
      And, finally, "Family History Archive"

      Alternatively, the link below will take you straight there:

      http://www.lib.byu.edu/fhc/

      Carol
      Wakefield Family History Sharing
      www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk